Every summer I splurge. The best day of the year, might be, when the summer amazon parcel arrives. WAHOOOO.
The fiction: Because summer TV is the worst…
- Game of Thrones (George Martin)…first four books. Cannot WAIT!
The poetry: Because when the children are around and the husband is away is prime time for little bursts of beauty…
- The Weather of the Heart (Madeleine L’Engle)…blowing my mind already.
- Lousy Explorers (Laisha Rosnau)…AMAZING local talent.
The dream chasing: Because it is time…
- Circle Maker: Praying circles around your biggest dreams and greatest fears (Mark Batterson)
- Telling stories to change the world: Global voices on the power of narrative to build community and make social justice claims
- Walking on Water (Madeleine L’Engle)
The Jesus chasing: Because it is all…
- Studies in the Sermon on the Mount (Oswald Chambers)
- The Explicit Gospel (Matt Chandler)
- The God of Intimacy and Action (Tony Campolo)
- Your Church is Too Safe (Mark Buchanan)
The family loving: Because I do…
- Sacred Parenting (Gary Thomas)
- The Meaning of Marriage (Tim Keller)
- GO OUTSIDE! … Ideas to keep the kids busy/happy whilst I read all these books
Looking at this list I realize it might take me clear through to Christmas…oh well.
What are you reading this summer? Have you read anything on this list (should I remove any before I even start?!)