When the moon is full to almost overflowing, the sky so clear the whole of it bruised deep purple. When the snow in reflecting all that splendor, turns blue in reverence creating the illusion of evening. In this moment, even Fear drops onto her knees to worship the One who made it and suddenly Overwhelmed finds a new home, far from my heart.
This heart? Can be home to only one primary emotion and so filling it with gratitude, with praise, chases out so many of the others.
“Thankfulness is the death of self and the arousal of hope. Thankfulness turns our eyes away from fear, our ears away from evil report, our hands away from clutching. Thankfulness is the birth place of restoration with a Creator and a sold out, never turning back kind of commitment to a Saviour.Thankfulness generates kindness, kindness generates love and love generates revolution!” #bethechange
Thankful this week for:
651) Wildlife lessons on the morning commute
653) The occasional pose…
654) Girls night out with some of my favorite ladies and their precious daughters…
655) The expression on Emily’s face during the Sugar Plum Fairies, how she sat still the entire time.
656) Lazy Saturdays, winter walks
658) And as he comes off stage, his little sister shouts “We are so proud of you Owan”
659) And overhearing him say to her, “Oh Emily, you are prettier than pretty”
660) Fog rolling, sun streaming…
661) Ice sparkling in headlights.
662) A post of mine from last week being featured at Imperfect Prose on Monday. Mine being added makes the title so much more appropriate…Ms. Emily Wierenga can hardly be called imperfect with her brilliant writing style.