We played hide and seek with the moon tonight. We chased him all the way home and E shouted “surprise” to him whenever we found him. The clouds hid him sometimes and at other moments he covered himself completely with the mountains. Still we chased.
The two point buck ran in front of us for a while. We climbed Sun Valley road and he ran before us, the moon seemed just steps in front of the deer. For a moment we thought he might be able to leap right over it.
Hey diddle, diddle.
And these fantastically ordinary mamma moments are the ones I seek to create. To savour and remember. So…with that…the things I can’t forget, am so grateful for… about September 2012.
717) How our girl shouts “SURPRISE” every time we come around any corner ever.
718) Little girl, pirate swords, dress too short, patent leather boots 😉
718) This week we launched the research study I am co-coordinating. You can read about it here. It is going to be fun.
719) Launched a new church service last week. I really loved it.
720) Worlds. Best. Bird. Nest. The cutest birds ever.
721) Construction projects. The skating rink to be is in the background…the wood fired hot tub, made from a giant dumpster is burning some days. Yes. There is no doubt that Switchback Ranch is fast becoming a hick paradise. And I am in love with it.
722) The most glorious September days…Walks and talks.
723) His quiet dignity…
724) Her exuberance, zest for life…
Linking with my friend Emily who launched her book this week! YAY EMILY!
Celebrating with you!
skating rink! wood fired hot tub! babes in nests! your home and life sound MAGICAL. happy sigh.
my girl-babe’s dress yesterday was just like that after a summer of growing long legs. so sweet:)
What joy and wonder and whimsy. Precious. And its all so contagious. Maybe you should have a writer’s retreat one day wink wink 🙂 there is such whimsy in your words and pics. Thanks for sharing with others.
So strange…I had the very same thought just a couple days ago! Will you come to western Canada if I do??? 😉
I would pray that God would make a way. I am so far away in body, but not in spirit. On the coast of South Carolina, friend. Love your words.
So much beauty here.
i want to be a kid in your house. what a wonderful mother you are. love you so much girl.