Has the sky always been blue like that? It’s too beautiful to have been sitting there all along, millions of us milling around under it with not one shouting praise. The fact that I have ever walked one day without noticing is almost criminal. A sky like that should be remembered, its maker should get some credit.
So much of life is like that you know. Every single day you can choose to notice the extraordinary gifts you are surrounded by. You can also ignore them and walk glumly under piercing sky.
Counting gifts today…
595) Piercing blue after a long cloudy winter
596) Boy telling wild magnificent tales than whispering in my ear “I’m just using my ‘magination”
597) Giddy little girl laughs
598) Great replacement dates for a royals party when I ran out of energy to plan the other one I wanted to have.
599) A date for coffee on the deck when I had thought I was all alone.
600) First dinner on the deck
601) Impromptu picnic
602) Little buddies in the bath
603) Lots of time to get my homework done this weekend (though now my only excuse that I didn’t get it done is my own laziness).
604) Winged wonders
605) This much bliss. This much love.
605) First beach play of the year
606) The little missus is back. She hadn’t been around for a few days and I’m counting on her to give us some ducklings on the pond this spring.
Visit others who keep their eyes wide for the gifts here: